Thursday 26 January 2012

Thinking about...

Outside my window...The sky is blue and the sun is shining. Much as I know this weather is just *wrong* for January, it is lovely to see sunshine...


I am thinking...of a lovely friend who has kindly sent a gift which arrived today. Thank you!


I am thankful...that I have found a plumber who can come and fit the new shower, at a time that suits me, and a price I can afford.


In the kitchen...there is washing up waiting to be done. You know what though? Until I have finished here, it can just wait...


I am wearing...Comfy jeans and a warm fleece. Although warmer than it *should* be for the season, it's still a bit nippy.


I am creating...a tidier, less cluttered environment, bit by bit...


I am going...to stay at home for the rest of the day, continuing with tidying, making sure the bathroom is ready for the plumber, and "clearing the decks" a little


I am wondering...What I might photograph next for another blog post.


I am reading..."Fables and Fairytales To Delight All ages" by Manfred Kyber. This was given to me by its Translator just yesterday - how fabulous!


I am hoping...That the weather will stay dry for the weekend


I am looking forward to...The Chinese New Year celebrations in London on Sunday. Kung Hei Fat Choi!


I am learning...More about the subject of poverty, and its affects on people.


Around the house...Just me. it's lovely and quiet


I am pondering...What the word "poverty" means to different people


A favorite quote for today..."Whatever you do, do it with style!" Freddie Mercury


One of my favorite things...My camera. I can't imagine not having one, or two, or many...


A few plans for the rest of the week: Taking a shower instead of having to have a bath!


A peek into my day... I wandered through here on my walk this morning. I usually try to get out for a walk if I'm about the place during the day - and this morning I had an errand to run also. The walk brought me back past here - a lovely bit of mixed woodland (possibly originally the "Spinney" That gave the area its name?)full of shady trees and singing birds...

With thanks to http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ for the concept and to Jenni for the idea of joining in... Robyn

2 comments:

cheri said...

thank you for linking to my blog, how very kind. I love the look of the woods you go to, it looks quite magical.

Robyn said...

You're welcome - Lovely to see you'd done this as well, it's always fascinating to see how others interpret it! x