Wednesday 5 March 2008

Hebrides Countdown...


This is Eilean Donan Castle, on the A87 shortly before you reach the Isle of Skye. You round a bend in the road and there, suddenly in front of you is this lovely building, and you know you're on the final stretch of the journey. By the time you get to that stage it seems almost rude not to stop the car, get out, stretch your legs and reach for a camera.......
This shot was one of the first I took with my 12-24mm lens last year - I ran really tight on time for getting it - it turned up literally days before we left and I was beginning to get more than slightly nervous! As soon as I put it on the camera all the stress and worry was worthwhile - it's a stunning bit of kit to use on the Digital cameras, but when you attach it to a full frame 35mm SLR it's phenomenal. The film camera gets so little use normally but every time I break it out with the super-wide lens attached I get totally carried away and shoot far more than I intended! I've little doubt that will change any this year.....hmmmm, that reminds me, I must remember to take the film out of the fridge.....!
Robyn

No comments: